This course mainly focuses on work with special needs children. You will not only improve your theoretical knowledge and expertise in the area but also get practical tips and methods which will help you create a supportive learning environment that is beneficial for all pupils, not only for special needs children.
The course content and fundamental information will be introduced through thematic modules by several tutors. It is based on practical demonstrations, hands-on approach and active participation within a group which is composed of international participants with similar interests and needs.
Module 01 – Special needs: theoretical background (physical disorders, psychiatric disorders, emotional problems, behavioural problems, learning disorders (or disabilities, gifted and talented children)
Module 02 – Integration and inclusion, exclusion, mainstreaming, identification risks, factors and barriers
Module 03 – Communication and cooperation with parents and family, examples of the best practices
Module 04 – Information easy to read and understand
Module 05 – Structural learning for students with autism, Individual Education plan
Module 06 – Dealing with Dyslexia and ADHD in an Inclusive classroom,
Drama and Art activities for cognitive learning
Module 07 – Activities for gifted and talented children
Module 08 –Developing creative thinking, (Task Based Learning, Problem Based Learning, Experiential Learning, Real World Task)
Module 09 – Teaching multicultural classes (mutual understanding and respect)
Module 10 – Use of ICT, Project Based learning and cross curricular activity in an inclusive classroom
Guided City Tour
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of approaches such as inclusion, integration and mainstreaming in order to enhance good quality of education and training for all learners.
- Gain techniques for working with heterogeneous classrooms and communities, deal with increased diversity of learners, support inclusion of various minorities into mainstream education.
- Generate ready‐to‐use materials and methods to improve educational practices in the field of special needs children education, promote universal access to education with regards to non-discriminatory values.
- Identify risk factors and different types of barriers, improve primary, selective and indicated prevention, increase synergies between education, research and innovative interventional activities.
- Increase broader understanding of strategies and systems dealing with special needs children in different countries, cultivate mutual respect and intercultural awareness.
- Support continual professional development, revise and improve key competences, build confidence in promoting pedagogies that are supportive to special needs children and social and cultural diversity.
- Meet colleagues of different nationalities within the EU, engage in cross-cultural learning experience, exchange ideas and build a network for future international cooperation.
- Enrich communication skills, improve foreign language competencies, broaden professional vocabulary and promote EU’s broad linguistic diversity, embed common educational and training values.
General Course Information
Before the Course:
You would be required to fill a Questionnaire providing information on your level of English, teaching background, qualifications, and previous experience.
You will receive “ITC Course Participant Handbook” where you will find all the necessary information.
After the Course:
Course evaluation form